Three years ago, a careful and thorough analysis of growing agency and community needs clarified the need to grow Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte’s (JFGC) Annual Campaign to $5 million. Last fall, our community celebrated the triumphant achievement of this record-breaking milestone and all of the donors who made it possible.
The launch of the 2023 Annual Campaign, with its theme of “Now We Go Forward,” keeps the momentum going, building on past success with our community’s future in mind. As we go forward, the focus will be a dual one that continues to raise funds to support the vital work of our more than 70 beneficiary agencies and secures additional funding for new community initiatives, whose success is equally vital for our community’s safety, well-being, and growth in the 21st century.
- The four focus areas for additional funding are:
- Outshine Hate: Combatting antisemitism and anti-Israel bias by educating, strengthening, and uniting the local community through education, training, and community partnerships.
- Safety & Security: Advancing the safety, security, and resiliency of the greater Charlotte Jewish community with all of the necessary training, tools, and resources required to safeguard our community.
- Jewish Identity: Strengthening Jewish identity and Jewish continuity by investing in, and ensuring affordable access to, proven high-impact, high-intensity, immersive Jewish experiences.
- Center for Jewish Education Capital Improvements: Modernizing our users’ experience in the Levine-Sklut Judaic Library with enhanced technology, community gathering spaces, and an updated Children’s Room that better reflects today’s hands-on learning styles.
Sam Bernstein, JFGC chief development and marketing officer says, “The growth of our Annual Campaign is a testament to our donors who continue to ensure that we remain a vibrant, thriving Jewish community. Our 2023 ‘Now We Go Forward’ Campaign theme creates a platform for us to build upon our success and respond to the pressing and relevant community needs confronting our Jewish community in today’s times.”
The 2023 Annual Campaign kicks off on January 19 at Federation’s Main Event featuring Emmy Award winning and ABC News 20/20 co-anchor Juju Chang.
The Annual Campaign is instrumental to Federation’s fulfillment of its mission as a community builder and convener, fundraiser and grantor, and sustainer of Jewish life and Jewish identity for greater Charlotte and beyond. Slade Goldstein, 2023 Annual Campaign chair, remarks, “My own experience with JFGC has given me the opportunity to understand, at a community-wide level, the impact of the generosity of our donors. I witnessed firsthand, as the Charlotte Jewish population began to expand in the Lake Norman region, the ways in which JFGC recognized, supported and invested in this growth. With the benevolence of our donors, JFGC continues to ensure that Jewish identity can and will thrive in every corner of our community.”
To donate to Federation’s 2023 Annual Campaign or register for the Main Event, please visit www.jewishcharlotte.org.
The mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte is to raise and distribute funds to support and enrich the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel and worldwide. Through education and community building, the Federation’s mission ensures that Jewish values, goals, traditions and connections are preserved for current and future generations.
Photo Caption: Slade Goldstein,